Posted: September 27th, 2015
On September 23, 2015, over 75 people attended the program “Healthy LGBTQ Aging: Strategies for Success” at Parkway United Church of Christ. The event was co-sponsored by the WFU Elder Law Clinic, the Shepherd’s Center, Parkway UCC, and the Adam Foundation. Additionally, a complimentary dinner was sponsored by the Craige Jenkins law firm. It was an evening of learning and fellowship, where attendees learned about legal rights and heard from LGBTQ health care providers about navigating the health care world. Special thanks to the N.C. Society of Health Care Attorneys for its grant support of this event.
The speakers included:
- Prof. Kate Mewhinney, JD (Wake Forest Elder Law Clinic),
- Dee Leahman (Novant Health),
- Diane Spaugh, MSW, LCSW (Hospice & Palliative Care Ctr.),
- Kaycee M. Sink, MD (Wake Forest Baptist Med. Ctr.), and
- Burch Johnson, NCC, LPC (CenterPoint).