Posted: December 7th, 2016
- Jenna Coogle (’17), a clinic student in the spring, worked in Washington D.C. at the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). She spent part of last summer assisting the Investor Advocate, Rick Fleming (’94). Back in 1993, Mr. Fleming was a student in the Clinic.
- Maria Collins (’17) worked with Sarah Randal Watchko (’08) last summer in Georgia. Watchko is one of only ten Certified Elder Law Attorneys by the National Elder Law Foundation in her state.
- Rebekah Garcia (’14) is now a staff attorney with Legal Aid of N.C.’s Senior Law Project. She writes: “I provide legal assistance to victims and work with multi-disciplinary elder abuse task forces in eastern N.C. Our project helps educate community members about how elder abuse/financial exploitation happens and how they can protect themselves.”
- Marcus Fields (’16) joined the preeminent elder law firm of Ron M. Landsman, in Rockville, Maryland.
- Jenica Cassidy (’14) presented at a Roundtable on Restoration of Rights in Adult Guardianship at the ABA Commission on Law and Aging. This was the culmination of a yearlong research project funded by Borchard and The Greenwall Foundation. Her findings and policy recommendations will be published in 2017. Jenica practices elder law in Maryland.